Friday, May 27, 2011

Time+Effort=Results



Recently I was asked a question in my BodyBuilding.com training journal that I thought I would share.  "Was your chest always an easy body part to develop, did it come naturally, or did you ever do anything to attempt to "bring it up" as far as in thickness?"   One thing I have been lucky to have going for me was wider shoulders, a gift from my parents genetics.  I really feel my bench has never been great, but it has always been above average. When I graduated high school I hit a PR of 310 weighing 175lbs....but I wouldn't say I had a thicker chest at all. I really feel that the consistent training over time has really helped me develop it, much like other areas. I have been consistently lifting for 12 years for sports and now onto bodybuilding.  I really feel that my best gains, as far as density have been during the past 3 years.    The only major difference in training during this time has been that I now place much more of a emphasis on Dumbbells, Incline presses and I have actually cut way back on flat Barbell bench.  All in all I really feel that great improvements are made with time and effort. 

Now onto today and it was great!  I was able to meet up with Gary again today for another epic workout and here's how it went down.......



*Warm-ups excluded

WG Pulldowns- 3x8
T-Bar Rows- 1x10@7x45's / 1x8@8x45's / 1x10@7x45's
NG Pulldowns- 4x8
Cable Stiffarm Pulldowns- 4x10

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment