Monday, July 18, 2011

Back under the bar!

2009 INBF Washington State Natural Heavyweight


Many of you don't know, but back in December I slightly injured my back warming up on squats.  Since then I had to stay away from them and place more of a emphasis on front squats and deadlifts, since they didn't seem to bother my back at all.  It has been a slow process working squats back into my routine, but it actually seems to have been beneficial in the long run.  I really feel that the switch is really is helping me bring up some lagging areas, add some thickness to my back and has really helped me focus more on my form.  This weekend things were really feeling great, so I decided to start upping my weight and overall I am really happy with how they felt.  Here's how it went.......



*Warm-ups excluded

Squats- 1x12@405 / 1x10@455 / 1x8@455
V-Squat- 4x8
Lunges- 4x10
Leg Extensions- 2x10 / 1x12

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment