Sunday, April 8, 2012

"Ain't nothing to it, but to do it!" - Ronnie Coleman

One thing that I have done during my past preps is over think this whole process.  Ronnie Coleman is known for saying it best "Ain't nothing to it, but to do it."  Just put your head down and step up to the bar and lift the weight.  As long as you have a plan, follow it to the T and do the work...things will fall into place.  As of now I am rolling past the 14 week out mark for my first show of the season.  Right now I haven't made many changes to my training or diet, but I feel that my progress is starting to pick up steam.  I was also able to have Tara take a few progress pictures this afternoon before cardio.  I'm pretty happy with my progress so far, but still have a long ways to go until I'm am ready.   

14 weeks out at 212.2lbs



Also, here is one of my training highlights from this past week on Deficit Deadlifts.  This is one variation of the Deadlift that I am not the best at, but really enjoy to throw in every so often.  If your not very good at something, the only way to improve is to make yourself do it.



Had a great one and here's how it went.....

*Warm-ups excluded

Safety Bar Squats- 3x8@335 / 1x6@335*1x8@245
V-Squat- 4x8
Single Leg Press- 4x8
Leg Extension- 3x10 / 2x8

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment